Iconic Swedish car maker is back with top notch models. One among them is Volvo XC60 and it is slated to release soon. This upcoming model is still in its development phase but experts believe that it will be another model based on the Scandinavian SPA platform. This model was seen undergoing tests in Amsterdam and as per reports, it is said to be the second largest Volvo SUV model after the XC90 model.
As per some internet gatherings, this 2018 Volvo XC60 model might undergo styling modifications and tech updates but they would be of minor scale only. Its price could also be updated slightly. However, the powertrains might not experience many changes.
2018 Volvo XC60 – Engine Specs
Makers of 2018 Volvo XC60 seem inclined to employ similar Drive-E engines. From the tests conducted in Amsterdam, it got revealed that the model is primarily a T5 petrol model having the ability to notch up torque of 258 lb.ft and power of 250 hp. The makers ensure that users will get an abundance of power and this is due to the AWD systems which will handle it.
- For superior functioning, one drive train will be a 2.0-liter aligned 4-cylinder engine with an ability of 300 hp.
- The second possibility could be a 2.5-liter engine having ability to produce less power and the last option could be the V6 engine accompanied by 3.0-liter displacement having 302 hp.
- This upcoming model could be a 2.0-liter gas operated T5 with an ability of around 254 hp. But there is no certainty to this as it could also be only used for just the testing phase.
But up and tell, a complete report is available, nothing could be said clearly.
2018 Volvo XC60 – Redesign Exterior
After checking out images of the prototype it would be wise to not beat the bush as some reports state that the complete fascia could change and there will totally new attributes on its sides. Experts are hopeful that the design could be a revolutionary one. Very little is known as the makers have camouflaged the complete thing.
- However judging by the framework of the 2018 Volvo XC60 model. It feels that its design and shape will not undergo changes.
- Its tailgates appear to be a bit narrower and with some evidence, it can be said that head lights and fog lights will undergo some upgrades.
- Some curves or lines may be given to its outward body.
The interior specs are also a mystery. Though some experts do believe that it would be constructed over Volvo’s latest and flexible SPA platform! This means that though the size of the car will remain almost same. There will be some extra space for travelers and their cargo. This is really good and will prove to be a welcome change for car enthusiasts.
These experts also believe that there will be a larger infotainment system, a modified dashboard; and top leather upholstered seats.
Plus a new display screen system with fewer buttons and the ability to integrate with the model more is also a possibility.
2018 Volvo XC60 – Launch Date and Price
As the new 2018 Volvo XC60 testing is pretty much in its infancy, its cost is pretty much a conjecture. It could be something in between $36,000-$42,000 but one will have wait for an official announcement. Same can be said for its release date. It could be the end of 2017 or beginning of 2018. The 2018 Volvo XC60 competitors are Audi Q5, BMW X3, and Porsche Macan.