After the launch of GMC Acadia, the one which was awaited from long was 2018 Chevrolet Traverse which would be a second generation SUV.
2018 Chevrolet Traverse – Expected Changes in the Exterior
Though the changes are expected not to be too major but would definitely be for the benefit of the owner, the exterior is again going to be made of high strength Steel, Aluminum and Magnesium component and other changes are:
- The Chevrolet Traverse is going to increase the length hence enlarging it to give it a bigger look
- Is going to lighten up the weight by putting up new lightweight LED lights,
- Giving it three seating rows it’s going to look wider too and comfortable for each passenger on board.
It is expected to have a center console with a single Larger Screen operated on Android Auto and CarPlay; it would also be equipped with the steering wheel which will be multi-functional and other changes are:
- All three seating rows to have gadgets right next to them to keep every passenger entertained.
- More legroom to be given on each seating row even at the kids seating arrangement.
- Its LED will be daytime running lights.
- It will have a start and stop button with keyless entry.
- A power tailgate.
Automatic collision warning will be given well before time through the internal sensors installed in this new model of SUV.
2018 Chevrolet Traverse – Whole Power Unit
The Engine is said to give a positive impact on the performance of fuel economy. The Engine of 2018 Chevrolet Traverse is expected to be a brand new one, estimation says it that it will come with two options for engines:
- 2.5-liter four cylinder with output of 200 hp and 190 lb-ft of torque
- 3.6-liter V6 Unit with output of 310 hp and 270 lb-ft of torque
Its transmission would be either 6 speed or 8 speed automatic with front wheel drive though all-wheel drive will be available but only on demand.
Thus, living up to its expectation, this new member of Chevrolet series is going to be full of gadgets and amenities to travel long hours without getting tired or bored. Priced reasonably this is going to be soon a dream car or should say dream SUV of everyone.
2018 Chevrolet Traverse – Expected Date of Arrival and Price
In Indian currency the 2018 Chevrolet Traverse would be approximately priced at Rs 20 (25,500) for the base model and any additional accessory will cost more. The price would only differ by few digits and it would only be a minor change in price compared to what the other SUVs are priced at if at all GM decides to make any changes. After incorporating several opinions and ideas and finally taking all improvements needed to give the best mileage to its owner, it has set a date of release for itself in either mid of 2017 or the end of 2017. It’s estimated that it will be showcased in Detroit Auto Show in early 2017.